Arkhangelsk Yevgeny Valentinovich
Born in Sverdlovsk in the family of a doctor.
In the same year, the family moved to Buzuluk, where Arkhangelsky
graduated from seven years.
The study was continued already in Leningrad: first at secondary
school No. 5 of the Petrogradsky District, and then, after a year of
work as a laboratory assistant at the Central Radio Lab and the
Krasnaya Zarya telephone factory, at the Hydrographic Institute.
In 1941, he received a degree in engineering hydrograph.
Since the beginning of the war, Arkhangelsky was called up to the
fleet, graduated from command courses and fought on the Black Sea as
assistant commander and commander of a sea hunter, commander of a
sea hunter link, participated in landing operations near
Novorossiysk, in Novorossiysk, on the Kerch Peninsula.
At the end of the war, he commanded the captured German ships,
and in December 1945 he was sent to Germany as part of the special
command of the Black Sea Fleet to receive German ships.
After the end of the war, Arkhangelsky transferred to the
Hydrography of the Black Sea Fleet, where he served as a hydrograph
for the positions of a separate hydro-detachment until March 1947.
Demobilized as a senior lieutenant.
After demobilization, the entire working life of Arkhangelsk was
associated with work at the Main Directorate of the Northern Sea
He was the head of the pilotage squads of the Arkhangelsk and
Dikson grooves, the head of the winter expedition party on New and
Having reached the age of 60, he moved to the position of senior
engineer of cameral production.
He retired in 1984.
He died in Leningrad, buried in the
Strait between the island of
Matros and the islands of Evgeny Fedorov in the Nordensheld
archipelago in the Kara Sea.
The name was approved by the
Decision of the Arkhangelsk Regional Assembly of Deputies of
September 15, 1999 No. 681.