Berdovsky Alexander Pavlovich
Born in the city Kayazge. After
graduating from elementary school and two classes of the urban
school, at the age of 14 he began working on the railway.
In 1929, Berdovsky entered the Leningrad Communist University
named after Stalin, and a year later he became a party organizer at
the Artyomovsky mine.
He continued his party work in the Ziminsky District Committee, and
in September 1936 he was elected Secretary of the Party Committee of
the GU GUSMP. Just
before the war, he was appointed head of the Tiksa hydro base, but
was soon appointed to the post of deputy head of the Directorate.
On the fourth day of the war, Berdovsky volunteered for the front
and fought with the battalion commissar of the 286th regiment of the
91 rifle division, participated in the bloody battles of Sinyavin,
Pavlovsk, on the Slavyanka river. In
February 1943, raising the battalion to the attack, he was seriously
After demobilization in 1944, Berdovsky returned to the
Hydrographic Department, where until 1948 he worked as head of the
personnel department and then deputy head of the department.
Merit Berdovsky was awarded the Order
of the Patriotic War, 2 degrees ,
the Defense of Leningrad", "For
the victory over Germany in the Great Patriotic War of 1941-1945",
He died in Leningrad from lung cancer, was buried at the Theological
the northeast of the island is Alexandra Land in the archipelago of
Franz Josef Land. At
the suggestion of polar hydrographs, the name was approved in 1956
by the Arkhangelsk Regional Executive Committee (Decision No. 271).