Golitsyn Nikolai Dmitrievich
Born in the village of Porechye, Mozhaisk district, Moscow
He was a native of the old princely family of the Golitsyns,
rising to the great Lithuanian prince Gedymin and related to Rurik
and the royal house of the Romanovs.
Childhood and youth of Golitsyn were held in the estate of the
parents - the villages of Vladimirsky and Lytkin, Dorogobuzh
district, Smolensk province.
In 1871, with the rank of collegiate secretary, he graduated from
the Imperial Aleksandrovsky (Tsarskoselsky) Lyceum and was assigned
to serve in the Ministry of the Interior, holding various posts in
the Kingdom of Poland.
In 1879 Golitsyn was appointed Arkhangelsk vice-governor.
Since 1884, he is vice director of the Economic Department of the
Ministry of the Interior.
During this period, the service was appointed by the Ministry of
the Interior as a member to various ministerial work committees.
In 1885, Golitsyn became the rectifying office of the Arkhangelsk
governor, and in 1887 he was confirmed in this position with the
production of a state councilor for the rank.
Then came the posts of Kaluga and Tver governors.
Since 1903, Golitsyn was a senator, was present in the First
Department of the Senate.
During the First World War, he headed the Committee to assist
Russian prisoners of war in enemy countries, which was under the
auspices of Empress Alexandra Feodorovna, was a member of the
Council of State.
On January 12, 1917, at the insistence of the Empress, Golitsyn
took the post of Chairman of the Council of Ministers, which he held
until the February Revolution.
In March 1917, together with other ministers, he was arrested,
testified to the Emergency Commission of Inquiry of the Provisional
After the Bolsheviks seized power, the patriot of his homeland,
Prince Golitsyn, remained in Russia, earning his living as a
shoemaker and guarding public gardens.
For this his patriotism, he paid.
Although Golitsyn was not engaged in political activities, in
He was twice arrested by the OGPU Cheka organs on suspicion in
connection with counter-revolutionaries.
After the third arrest in February 1925 in connection with the
"case of lyceum students" by the decision of the Collegium of the
OGPU on June 22, 1925, this outstanding Russian man, a gentleman of
many highest awards, was shot on July 2, 1925 in Leningrad.
In 2004, rehabilitated by the decision of the Prosecutor General
of the Russian Federation.
The island in the Gribovaya Bay on
the west coast of the southern island of New Earth.
He was named the officers of the “Bakan” schooner in 1889.