Hubbenet Nikolai Konstantinovich

(10.08.1862 - 09.03.1931)

 

The representative of the Russianized German noble family of Hubbenetov, a public figure and politician, a member of the III State Duma from theMogilev gubernia,.

Born in Kharkov province, graduated from the Alexander Lyceum in St. Petersburg.

In 1883 he settled in his estate Yaroshevka Klimovichsky district, Mogilev province, was engaged in agriculture. Rich landowner Gyubbenet was actively involved in charitable activities: he contributed to the development of public education, having built several schools that were held at his expense, was one of the founders and the first chairman of the Society for the Promotion of Secondary Education in Klimovichi District.

He began his service in 1889 in the office of the Mogilev nobility deputy assembly. He was elected Klimovichsky district leader of the nobility, honorary magistrate of the Cherikov district of the Mogilev province, chairman of the district on peasant affairs presence and Klimovichsky district convention.

 

Pokrovskoye cemetery.View of the Church of the Intercession of the Blessed Virgin. 

 

Hubbenet was an elector to the State Duma of the 1st and 2nd convocations, and in 1907 he was elected a member of the 3rd State Duma from the Mogilev province. He was a member of the Russian national group, since 1909, as a member of the Council of the faction, into the Russian national group. He was a member of severalcommissions: on local government, on request, on public education, on the organization of the expedition G.Ya. Sedov to the North Pole.

The merits of Gubbeneta are marked by the Orders of St. Stanislav of 2 degrees and St. Anna of 2 degrees and with medals.

After the October Revolution, Gübbenet was arrested, sat in the Peter and Paul Fortress, fled, emigrated to Latvia.

He died in Riga, buried at the Pokrovsky cemetery. 

Cape (Gubenet) in the west of the Pankratiev peninsula on the Barents coast of the northern island of Novaya Zemlya. Named in 1912 by G.Ya. Sedov.

 

Return to the main page