Kolzakov Pavel Andreevich
a member of the Admiralty Council.
Born in Tula. In
1790 he entered the Naval Cadet Corps, in 1795 promoted to
In 1797, Kolzakov was sent to Arkhangelsk on the frigate Asia
built there. On
it, he participated in the actions of the fleet under the command of
Admiral F.F. Ushakov
on the Mediterranean Sea.
In 1808, Kolzakov participated in the Russian-Swedish war, which
was fought by Russia in order to establish full control over the
Gulf of Finland and Bothnia. He
brilliantly executed the order of Barclay de Tolly to drag 12
gunboats from the sea into the lake of Calavesi near Kuopio to
assist the troops there. After
the end of the war, Kolzakov commanded the yacht “Neva”, built for
Grand Duke Konstantin Pavlovich, in 1811, before the start of the
Patriotic War, he was appointed as a lieutenant adjutant to the
Kolzakov participated in the battles of Borodino, Bautzen, Kulm,
where Marshal Vandam, Leipzig, Fehr-Champenoise and others
surrendered to him personally. In
1814, for distinction in the case of Fer-Champenoise, Kolzakov was
awarded the Order of St.
George, 4 degrees. In
1815 he was given the rank of captain of the 1st rank.
During the Warsaw uprising in 1830, Kolzakov was under Konstantin
Pavlovich, and when he left Warsaw he was appointed commandant of
the temporary main apartment. In
the same year he was given the rank of vice admiral.
After the death of Konstantin Pavlovich, Kolzakov became the
aide-de-camp of the emperor, in 1843 he was made admiral, in 1846 he
was elected to the Admiralty Council, and in 1847 he became a member
of the Alexander Committee on the Wounded. In
1853, for omissions in the work of the Committee, which enabled one
of the employees, Politkovsky, to make a large waste, he was
in 1855, Alexander II, at the accession, appointed him his adjutant
Among other top awards Kolzakov Order of St.
Alexander Nevsky and
St. Vladimir 2 and 3 degrees.
He died in St. Petersburg, was buried at the Novodevichy
cemetery, the grave was not preserved.
the southeast coast of the southern island of New Earth. Named
by P.K. Pakhtusov