Krutov Grigory Stepanovich
Born in the village of Zolotoe, Saratov Province, in the family
of a peasant. He
began his career in a textile factory in Saratov, then in Astrakhan
he worked at a ship repair factory. In
1933, he graduated from the Workers' Faculty at the Tractor Plant in
Stalingrad, in the same year he moved to Leningrad and entered the
Leningrad Institute of Water Transport Engineers to study.
In 1935, Krutov transferred to the Hydrographic Institute of
the Main Directorate of the Northern Sea Route, which determined his entire subsequent life. After
receiving a diploma in engineering hydrograph in 1938, he was
immediately appointed deputy head of the hydrographic department of
the Hydrographic Department.
Since 1939, work began Krutov directly in the Arctic. At
first he headed the hydrographic detachment on the hydrographic
vessel "Murmanets", then on the hydrographic vessel "Polarnik", in
1941 he passed as a senior hydrograph to a wintering expedition.
In 1942, Krutov was transferred to the Arkhangelsk hydro base,
where he headed the hydrographic detachment on the hydrographic
vessel "Circular". Having worked in this position for a year, he
became the head of the survey party in the wintering expedition.
After the war, Krutov continued to work in the
Hydrographic Department, and in 1947 he was seconded to the Northern
Design and Survey Expedition of Arctic Project.
Returning to the Hydrographic Department in 1950, Krutov until
1954 was the head of the Nordvik pilotage and hydrographic
expedition, then moved to Dikson hydro base, where he worked until
the end of his short life.
The merits of Krutov were awarded the Order of the Badge
of Honor and three
He died on Dixon, was buried in Leningrad at the Communist
site of the Novo-Volkovsky cemetery.
the southeast of Sibiryakovo Island in the Kara Sea. Called
by Dixon hydrographs at the suggestion of N.M. Aleev The
name was approved by the decision of the Krasnoyarsk Regional
Executive Committee of April 8, 1964.