Landin Ivan Alekseevich
of the Civil War, a leading worker in the system of Polar Aviation.
Born in the city of Pokrov of the Moscow (now
After the October Revolution he went to serve in the Workers 'and
Peasants' Red Army. He
participated in the battles of the Civil War, being the commander of
the 53rd armored corps. Repeatedly
distinguished in battles.
He distinguished himself during the storming of the fortress in
Old Bukhara. On
September 1, 1920, Landin secretly pulled up to the fortress on his
armored vehicle and opened fire to suppress her loopholes, depriving
the enemy of the opportunity to counterattack Soviet units. By
order of the Revolutionary Military Council of the Republic No. 50
in 1921, the commander of the armored corps Ivan Landin was awarded
of the Red Banner of the RSFSR.
By order of the Revolutionary Military Council of the Republic
No. 227 in 1922, the commander of the armored corps Ivan Landin was
again awarded the Order of the Red Banner of the RSFSR.
In 1931-1932 Landin
was the head of Aeroflot's northeast polar expedition, which
surveyed air routes from Cape Dezhnev to Tiksi. The
mouths of the Alazei, Indigirka, Khrom and Omullakh lips were
depth was measured from a small pioneer schooner, which had a slight
draft and was able to pass near the coast.
In 1933, he led the West-Taimyr expedition of the Polar Aviation
Directorate of the Northern Sea Route to explore the western coast
of the Taimyr Peninsula.
March 15, 1937 Landin was arrested on charges of participating in
a counter-revolutionary terrorist organization, and on January 11,
1938 he was sentenced to death by the Military Collegium of the USSR
Supreme Court. The
sentence was carried out on the same day near the village of
Kommunarka, Moscow Region. His
ashes are buried on the Kommunarka shooting range.
The shooting range "Kommunarka".
In November 1957 Landin was rehabilitated by the Military
Collegium of the USSR Supreme Court.
the Kara Sea, separating the island of Kaminsky from the mainland. Named
by the Commission on Geographical Names of the Hydrographic
Enterprise of the Ministry of the Navy. The
name was approved by the decision of the Dikson regional executive
committee of February 28, 1973.